Some People Think Young People Are Not Suitable For Important Positions In The Government | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think young people are not suitable for important positions in the government, while other people think it is a good idea for young people to take on these positions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, the society encounters various rapid changes thanks to a wider range of development. Therefore, some people maintain that in order to catch up with this development, young people should work as a government official, whereas others opine that this is not the best choice for the society. I am personally convinced that young people can exert positive influences on our current society.
To embark on, some people think that young people do not have enough experience and knowledge to manage the governmental policies. In order to run /administer a country, people should understand complicated relationship national interests and international developments. Young people lack the experience or knowledge to fully understand this. They are also immature and may take decisions without thinking about the long term. For example, in the name of development, they make take decisions that anger certain sections of the society. Also, they may act harshly towards other countries without comprehending the consequences in the short and long term.
Nevertheless, I strongly contend that young people are the most suitable candidates for building a better society. They are young and full of ideas that suit the age we are in. They know what the current society needs. They are familiar with latest technology. They are also healthier than their old counterparts. Consequently, they can work harder and better. People’s needs and wants change with time and need governments that understand. Hence, in my opinion, it is important to have young people in the government in important positions.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that young people should occupy pivotal positions in the government because they are better equipped to take the country forward in this era of technological development.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Band 7.5 essay sample | More young people now occupy positions in the government
- People In Senior Positions Alone Should Make Decisions In A Business | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government should decide the subject for students to study in university
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Many High Level Positions In Companies Are Filled By Men | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample