Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that the best way to solve environmental problems is to increase the price of fuel for cars and other vehicles. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
How to organize ideas for this essay? Find out by watching our video on this essay topic.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Environmental pollution has been a major concern in today’s society, and some people feel that governments should raise the price of fuel to resolve this issue. In my opinion, it may help to some extent; however, this is not the only solution to tackle this problem.
To begin with, increasing the price of petrol can help reduce the environmental pollution to some degree. In other words, excessive use of cars releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere which is detrimental to the environment. If the price of petrol is increased / hiked), individuals will start to use their cars less often and this in turn can decelerate the rate of air pollution. However, the increase in the cost of petrol will not stop the environmental pollution. Besides, the fuel price determines the market prices of other essential commodities, and increasing the price can affect poor and middle class families.
On the other hand, governments can take other measures to mitigate these problems. A better solution is to invest in renewable energy sources such as wind, solar and tide rather than non-renewable resources like coal and petrol. For example, solar power in the United States has proven its efficiency in energy production. Second, by improving public transportation and reducing the cost of traveling, the government can encourage more people to use public transport; this practice can help clean the environment and reduce traffic.
To conclude, I strongly believe that the hike in the petrol price is not the best solution to this problem. Improving the efficiency of public transport and investing in renewable energy sources are better alternatives that ought to be considered.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Developments in technology are causing environmental problems | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Why do people buy cars
- An International Car Free Day Is A Solution To Air Pollution | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample