Some People Think That Secondary School Children Should Study International News As A School Subject | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
With the advent of globalisation, every part of the world is interconnected with one another. While many people suggest that students must learn about international news in their academic curriculum, others opine that it is a complete waste of time studying foreign news. Personally, I agree with the former view and will be elucidating both views along with mine in the upcoming / following paragraphs.
To commence with, there are multifarious benefits to studying global news in classrooms. First, as the world has become a global village events happening in the far distant places can create a mammoth effect domestically. For instance, economic recession in 2008 in the USA had an adverse effect on Indian economy and foreign reserves. Therefore, students need to have thorough / comprehensive knowledge of global affairs and how they are linked nationally. Apart from this, students get a lot of motivation when they hear / learn about new researches and developments happening in the developed countries. In fact, hundreds of students in India have shown interest to join NASA just because of such awareness campaigns teaching about breakthrough inventions happening in the world of space.
On the flipside, there are those who assert that students / pupils are already overburdened because of their academic subjects and pestering them to learn international news will further add pressure on their young minds. Consequently, they will lose time for sports and other extracurricular activities. Regrettably, this will pave way to a sedentary and passive form of lifestyle. Howbeit, I believe that in this contemporary era, global and local news are inextricably intertwined to each other. Thus, no extra effort is needed to learn about foreign events. For example, when studying about climate, students need to be aware of geographical variations on the earth, then only then will they understand the seasonal changes of their country better.
To recapitulate, although having one more subject as world news can add pressure on students, learning about all the meaningful events happening across the borders certainly augments the intellectual level of students. Hence, they need to understand global affairs more precisely and profoundly.
- Some People Think That Secondary School Children Should Study International News As One Of The School Subjects | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part Of Most People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Children Have A Natural Ability To Grasp Foreign Languages And For That Reason It Should Not Be A Mandatory Subject In The Academic Curriculum | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part Of People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample