Some People Think That School Children Should Be Asked To Work Individually In Class | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that school children should be asked to work individually in class. Others believe that working in small groups is better. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many individuals believe that school students should be allowed to work independently in class as it makes them self-reliant, whereas others insist that they should work in a group as it improves their team spirit. I think they should be given a mix of group activities and individual tasks. In this essay, I will discuss both the views and substantiate my opinion.
On the one hand, working independently is certainly beneficial for students in some ways. If they work individually to achieve a task, they do most of the work involved in it themselves and they will have a better learning outcome. That will eventually make them self-sufficient and smart. For example, consider a pupil undertaking an academic project. If he/she does the entire assignment alone, the student will acquire a wide variety of skills, including documentation, researching and presentation. Similarly, working independently empowers them to tackle harder challenges and makes them more competent and responsible. For example, if an individual is competing in a solo sports activity such as chess or tennis, they alone are responsible for their success or failure.
On the other hand, if pupils engage in group activities, they gain more. Firstly, it makes people more tolerant of their peers’ ideas and trains them to cope with other people’s character. They get a chance to mingle with their teammates and that makes them more sociable and outgoing. Furthermore, group activities teach them about the importance of sharing and applauding the success of other individuals. Overall, such lessons are imperative for the all round development of students and eventually help them to be successful in their future. These are some of the principal reasons why schools include several team activities in their academic curriculum and encourage team sports such as football and cricket.
In conclusion, individual activities make people self-reliant and mature. However, working in a group makes them good team players who are sociable and cooperative. As such, I firmly believe that team activities should be promoted as much as possible along with individual tasks for the holistic development of a child.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Some People Say That School Children Should Be Given Individual Class Work While Others Think That Working In Groups Is Good For Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow And Cook Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Some People Think That It Is Beneficial To Children If They Are Sent To Nursery School Before Starting Primary School | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Some People Think That When Recruiting, Companies Should Aim To Take On People Who Are Innovative And Able To Work Independently | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That When Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Are Innovative And Able To Work Independently | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample