Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that recruiting companies should aim to take on people who are innovative and able to work independently while others consider they should recruit people who are able to work in a team and follow instructions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
According to some people companies should prefer innovative and independent workers when selecting employees. On the other hand, others think that team workers should be given preference instead of those who can work independently. In my opinion, a company needs both types of people for optimal growth.
Those, who are in favour of creative and independent workers, claim that such employees bring in new ideas and develop new technological products and apps. This leads to an increase in the sales as well as improve the reputation of the company. Since the advent of new age technologies, a brilliant idea can help a company make a fortune. Hence, innovative employees who can work without supervision are an asset for any organization.
However, some people believe that teamwork is the key to the success of a company. They hold the view that working together stimulates brainstorming. When people with different skills, point of views and experiences work together, they can create great innovations. Teamwork and the ability to follow instructions mean that employees learn to cope with challenges and remain disciplined in every situation. Moreover, they can compensate for each other’s weaknesses and develop a problem solving attitude. All of these are highly beneficial for a company or a business to be successful. For instance, a recent research showed that 80% of the successful businesses had more employees who were better team workers than independent workers.
In conclusion, I believe that both kinds of workers are needed in a company. When recruiting staff, employers should look for both skills – the ability to work with others as well as the ability to work independently in some situations. This can make the companies look more dynamic and lead to economic growth.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- /Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Companies Hire Innovative And Independent Workers Instead of Team Players?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 essay sample | How can companies retain their workforce?
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?
- IELTS essay sample | Schools should teach students to become good citizens rather than independent thinkers
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- The Performance Of Staff Can Have A Significant Impact On The Success Of A Company | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample