Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that the school is the best place to learn this. Discuss both views and give own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Do you have difficulty writing a discuss both sides essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Man is a social being and no one can exist as an island. While some people hold the view that parents have the responsibility to teach their children to become a good member of the society, others feel that the school is the best place to learn social values. In my opinion, both the parents and the teachers have an indispensable role in shaping the character of their children.
Firstly, parents are the primary teachers and home is the first school where the personality development of children is initiated. From birth to preschool children are under the sole custody of their parents. They imitate the actions of their parents and for this reason it is important for parents to become a good role model for their children. Parents are the best people to teach them the concept of good and bad. When they are taught to make this distinction from a young age, they are unlikely to go astray when they grow up.
However, parents are not the only influence on children. Teachers at school have an equally important role to play in the formation of their character. The school is essentially a microcosm of the universe. Here the children get to interact with other children of different character, personality and family backgrounds. This exposure that they get at school plays a crucial role in the formation of their parents. It is the duty of parents to instil in them the values of discipline and social commitment.
To conclude, parents and teachers both have an equally important role in moulding the character of children. In my opinion, their roles are complementary.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong