Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Several factors affect the growth and development of a child. According to some people / some people opine that parents have a greater role than school in shaping the character of children and making them good members of the society. I agree with this view.
The school is definitely an influence on children. Here they get to meet several other children coming from different social, cultural and financial backgrounds. Interacting with their peers is a great way for kids to learn tolerance and empathy. These two are the most important tools needed to keep our society safe and peaceful. It is important to understand that the school is our second home. So, the school is definitely a good place to learn values and good manners.
However, on the other side of the coin, it is my belief that our parents are more influential than our educational institutions. Our parents are our first teachers. In addition, they are the custodians of our rich culture, traditions and religious beliefs. Moreover, they hold an authority over us unlike the teachers or guides in our educational institutions. In this regard, our parents hold a moral obligation to correct us by taking strict disciplinary measures. This particular authority may not be enjoyed by the teachers in the schools. Because of this parental authority, corrective measures could be enforced by the parents whenever their children go astray. That probably also explains why successful people almost always attribute their success to their parents, and not to the institution they attended.
To conclude, I believe that parents and the environment at home play a greater role than the school in moulding a child into a responsible citizen.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Sports Are Necessary To College Education Because They Teach Teamwork And Other Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values