Some People Think That It Would Be Better For Large Companies And Industries To Move To Regional Areas Outside Urban Centers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industries to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
It is often thought by some that large companies and industries will benefit more if they move from urban centers to rural areas. In my opinion, the advantages that the companies and the public receive from this outweigh any disadvantages.
The primary benefit for companies shifting from highly populated city centers to less populated rural areas is that they get enough space for the disposal of their waste. By doing so, air, water and noise pollution caused by large scale industries can be reduced. Also, industrial wastes can be properly disposed of without disturbing the environmental equilibrium. In addition, with the development of factories and other enterprises in remote areas, local people get a plethora of job opportunities which eventually lead to poverty eradication. A recent study by the University of Mumbai found that 80% of employers in the countryside prefer employees from the local areas and this has made a drastic change in rural people’s living standards over the last four years.
Admittedly, there are some disadvantages to companies moving from city centers to suburbs. As transportation facilities and availability of resources and raw materials are less in these regional areas, production may be affected at some stages. Obviously, this paves the way for loss of revenue during the initial stages. Furthermore, the consumer base may not be as large as that in cities and towns which may even cause economic crisis to some industries at certain stages of development.
In conclusion, industries and companies in rural areas help entrepreneurs to flourish their business without threatening the environment. This would also benefit many people with employment opportunities. Hence, I think minor loss of revenue during the initial phase of shifting to regional areas is not significant when compared with the advantages.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Some Countries, Governments Are Encouraging Industries And Businesses to Move To Regional Areas Outside The Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Industries Should Be Moved to Rural Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- Band 8 essay sample
- Overpopulation In Many Major Urban Centres Around The World Is A Major Problem | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Overpopulation Of Urban Areas Has Led To Numerous Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- Many Developing Countries Are Currently Expanding Their Tourist Industries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample