Some People Think That It Is Important To Use Leisure Time For Activities That Improve Mind | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some individuals contend that spare time should be spent on some healthy indoor activities such as reading and doing scrabble whereas others are inclined to the view that it is essential to rest without intentionally having any thoughts to recharge the mind. This essay will discuss both sides of this contentious argument and then I will give my own perspectives.
To begin with, reading and playing word games are effective ways for stress reduction. No matter how much stress we face in daily life, the stress may just slip away when we lose ourselves in a great story of a book or concentrate on solving the word puzzles. Reading helps to distract us from the tension we face and keeps us in the present moment. In addition, these activities foster cognitive stimulation. Studies have shown that staying mentally active through activities such as reading and doing word puzzles preclude us from losing brain power and reduce the progress of Dementia. Just like any other muscle in our body, brain muscle needs to be exercised to stay active.
On the flip side, it is essential to not think about anything and give our mind some rest whenever we can. When we keep ourselves away from discursive thinking, it enhances our awareness and senses to engage with the surroundings without the burden to analyse every situation we observe and encounter. For instance, we always feel recharged and enter a state of peace and tranquillity when we rest our mind doing nothing especially after a busy day at work.
In conclusion, reading, solving word puzzles and keeping our mind free during leisure period bring merits to enhance the mind. Engaging in such activities is good for enhancing our creativity and cognitive skills. By contrast, resting the mind by doing nothing is a better way to beat stress.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That It Is A Good Idea To Have A Detailed Plan For Leisure Time Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | The Best Way To Enjoy Leisure Is To Do Nothing
- Many People Have Very Little Time For Leisure Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Reading Keeps A Person’s Mind Active
- Some People Believe That Children’s Leisure Activities Must Be Educational | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV does not improve the intellectual skills of children
- Some Psychologists Recommend That It Is Important To Overcome Stress By Doing Nothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about studies and leisure
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Group Activities Vs Individual Activities For Children