Some People Think That International Sporting Events Create Conflicts Between People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that international competitive sports such as football create conflicts between people of different age groups and nationalities. Others think sport is helping reach understanding between people and nations. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The issue of whether or not international sports events should be continued has sparked a heated debate. While skeptics hold the notion that such events lead to disagreements among people of different nationalities, others insist that they foster good will. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument in depth and express my opinion.
Sporting events like Olympics and football world cup are full of action and energy. At times, it is irresistible for the supporters to get into a fight or an argument while supporting their teams. Often such acts create a hostile atmosphere for the neutral crowd. Moreover, sometimes these events divide the people based on their age, caste, creed and nationality. This is detrimental for the welfare of the world and civilized societies. For instance, during the recently held Common Wealth Games, fans of Chinese and Australian teams passed rather disgracing comments on one another. It is for these reasons that sporting events sometimes face criticism.
Conversely, games are the only platform where people of different nationalities can come together. The events like Asian Games not only bring people together from all walks of life but also help them to understand and respect people from different nations. Furthermore, these events are extremely effective at cementing the bilateral relationship. For instance, the cricket matches between India and Pakistan have been more successful / effective at improving the strained relationships between the two countries than government talks. What’s more, in many cases, popular teams have fans all over the world. For example, the football teams of Brazil and Argentina have millions of followers outside of their country. Such show of admiration and support actually help to bridge the gap between cultures and nations.
To conclude, international sporting events can certainly lead to some tension between fans of different teams. Even so, in my opinion, they are also good at cementing relationships because sports, after all, are a celebration of the human endurance and the best teams have fans all over the world. Thus, sporting events foster harmony and understanding among nations.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Some People Believe That Competitive Sports Can Cause Conflicts Between Nations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events
- Band 9 essay sample | Multinational companies benefit from sponsoring sporting events
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | When MNCs Sponsor Sporting Events Is It Good?
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time