Some People Think That In Order To Solve Traffic And Transportation Problems People Should Be Encouraged To Live In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that in order to solve traffic and transportation problems people should be encouraged to live in cities rather than in suburbs or in the countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people are of the opinion that people should live inside the cities instead of living on the outskirts of the city in order to solve the traffic and transportation problems. In my honest opinion, this is not practically feasible for a large number of people residing in suburban and rural areas. I will decipher my views with relevant explanations.
Encouraging the people to move to / into cities is not practically possible due to the limited size of cities and the difference in people’s accommodation preferences. This is because cities are of compact sizes as compared to suburbs around them, and it will not be possible for cities to accommodate the large population living in suburban households. Another reason for this might be might be the difference in people’s choice of living as some may want to enjoy the suburban or rural lifestyle. For instance, cities are already a bit cramped all over the world, and they will never ever be able to provide the countryside atmosphere. As a result, traffic and transportation problem will still persist despite this idea.
On the other hand, alternative solutions can be found for traffic and transportation problems. In other words, people should be encouraged to work from home when they can as a way to reduce road congestion and commuting problem. To illustrate, if there are fewer people coming to cities for work, there will be no congestion and no transportation issues. Also, the government should try to provide more job opportunities in the countryside by encouraging industries to set up their factories there. When jobs are available in small towns and villages, there will be a sharp decline in the number of people traveling to cities. This will effectively reduce transportation problems in the metros.
In conclusion, it is not practical to encourage rural people to move into space starved urban areas to solve traffic problems. A better solution is to create more employment opportunities in the countryside.
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Way To Reduce The Amount Of Traffic In Cities Is To Reduce The Need For People To Travel | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- One Way To Solve Problem Of Congestion In Cities Is To Build Sky Trains Which Run Overhead | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample