Some People Think That Hosting An International Sports Event Is Good For The Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that hosting an international sports event is good for the country, while some people think it is bad. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people major sports events benefit the host country; however, others opine that hosting such events creates more problems than benefits. Both views will be discussed in this essay before arriving at a conclusion.
Without any doubt organizing a sports event would bring considerable economic benefits to the country. Because lots of sports enthusiasts will visit the host country to watch the events in person, there will be many economic opportunities. First of all, the host will have a chance to sell numerous tickets for the event. The tourists who come for the event will also buy from the local shops and stay at local hotels. Other advantages of hosting a sports event can be cultural. Since a significant number of tourists come to the country, the country will have a golden opportunity to showcase its tourist attractions. The tourists will have lots of great memories if the organization is well-prepared and that means they will want to visit the country again. And if these visitors are happy during their stay in the country, they will give word of mouth publicity to the hosting nation and that will attract more foreign visitors.
On the other hand, some people consider hosting as dangerous. Since a lot of people will be visiting the country during such events, untoward incidents like terror attacks could happen and the host country may have to take the blame. The other disadvantage is that if they fail to organize the event properly, it will affect the reputation of the country.
To conclude / to sum up, there are certainly some downsides to hosting a major event. However, if the event is organized properly, it is a major opportunity for a nation to boost its image in front of the world. Hence, in my opinion, the benefits of staging international sporting events exceed the drawbacks.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- International Sporting Events Promote Peace Between Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Like To Go To A Live Sporting Event While Others Prefer To Watch It On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- In The Future, More People Will Choose To Go On Holiday In Their Own Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample