Some People Think That Getting A Degree From University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that getting a degree from university is the best way to guarantee a good job, others believe that it would be better to go straight into work and get experience instead. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Although it is believed by some that acquiring a university degree is essential for securing a dignified job, others feel that taking up any work and gaining experience is a better alternative. I reckon that education is crucial for honing different skills and attaining success in future.
On the one hand, some people believe that instead of going to university one should take up whatever job available and gain hands-on work experience. For example, it takes at least 3 years to acquire a university degree. An industrious person can use that time to work and gain valuable experience. This career strategy will be a boon in certain domains where practical knowhow is essential like carpentry, masonry etc. Thus we can see why certain people are of the view that getting into work early has an upper hand over gaining university degree.
On the other hand, acquiring a university degree is considered by some people as the assured way to get a good job as graduates are well prepared with the skills and knowledge required for working in any field. For instance, an MBA degree holder is always the first one to be considered for a managerial post even if the company has other experienced employees. This is due to a simple fact that the university degree is considered to be a benchmark for securing a good post in any firm. Hence, it is clear why some people believe that a degree weighs more than experience because the future prospects become minimal without a good qualification in the resume.
In conclusion, despite the fact that people have different views, I believe that academic degree is more beneficial than work experience in obtaining a desired job as without a degree the career prospects will be stagnant after a point.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Think That Getting A Degree From A University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the need to get a university degree
- Band 9 essay sample | One should get a university degree for a good job
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- Why Do You Think People Attend College Or University? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample |Advantages And Disadvantages Of Taking A Year Off Between High School And University
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample