Some People Think That Dangerous Sports Should Be Banned | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that dangerous sports should be banned. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, the popularity of dangerous sports has increased. Many a time playing adventure sports leads to serious injuries and even loss of life. Some people argue that risky sports should be banned. I completely agree with this view.
The vast majority of people participating in adventure sports are youngsters. They are driven by adrenaline and do not always manage to comprehend the risks. They just seek the thrill. Playing an adventure sport like white water rafting or paragliding might help them conquer their fears or discover new talents. Unfortunately, such activities are dangerous. A mishap may incapacitate the participant for life or claim their life. To give an example, one of my very close friends lost his left leg due to misbalance while landing from Paragliding in Nepal last year. Such incidents are the loss of one person and a lesson for others.
While one can argue that people participating in such events are aware of the risks, nobody is supposed to willingly put their life in danger. Life is a gift. Of course, everyone wants to live it to the fullest but this should not be done by exposing ourselves to avoidable risks. Another argument in favour of banning such sports is that the ban saves public money. Oftentimes, the government is forced to launch rescue operations when players go missing or find themselves in dangerous situations. Such operations are expensive and could be avoided if adventure sport is banned.
To conclude, everyone has the right to play a sport they enjoy; however, nobody should be allowed to throw themselves into danger. Hence, in my opinion, dangerous sports should be banned.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Extreme Sports Be Banned?
- Why Do People Take Part In Dangerous Sports? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rescue Workers Should Not Risk Their Life To Save People Doing Dangerous Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Extreme Sports Like Skiing, Water Rafting Should Be Banned | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More And More People Visit Dangerous Places
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Schools Should Include Competitive Sports As A Subject | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about youngsters and adventurous sports
- Physical Education And Sports Should Be Compulsory For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample