Some People Think That Competitive Sports Such As Soccer Can Help To Reach Cultural Interaction Among People Of Different Age Groups | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that competitive sports such as soccer can help to reach cultural interaction among people of different age groups and nationalities, but others think that it would cause problems. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, the vast majority of people are impatiently waiting for sports events to happen in their countries. While some people believe that hosting such sports competition has been causing tension between different countries, I believe that such events have been bridging the gap among different nations.
It is true that conflicts among different countries may become worse during such events. This is mainly because some crazy fans of certain sport teams or sportsmen sometimes cannot digest the failure of their teams or athletes, and they may fight against the followers of other teams. For example, after the Russian football team was defeated by the French team in the 2016 European football game, angry Russian fans threw bottles at French fans in the night clubs and this led to serious fights. Hence, the French government decided to tighten the visa rules for Russian citizens, and this exerted adverse influence on the relationships between these two countries.
However, in most cases, holding international sports events has been playing an imperative role in promoting the relationships between different nations. During such events, foreign athletes and spectators have the opportunities of learn the culture and traditions of the host nation, and this can mitigate any cultural bias and contribute to the improvement of their relationships. Such understanding fosters better relationships among people of different colors, races or backgrounds.
In conclusion, while the conflicts between athletes or audiences may arise during international sports competitions, holding such events also improve relationships between different nations.
- Some People Believe That Competitive Sports Can Cause Conflicts Between Nations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That International Sporting Events Create Conflicts Between People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Sporting Events Promote Peace Between Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Only Watch Sports Programs On TV Rather Than Participate In Sports | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Companies Sponsor Sports As A Way To Advertise Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets Of Sports and Cultural Events
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Some People Believe That Schools Should Include Competitive Sports As A Subject | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Professional Sports, There Is An Increase In The Number Of Athletes Using Banned Substances | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events