Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Paint Or Draw At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some People think that children should learn to paint or draw at school. Others believe it is just a waste of time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, art has to be a regular subject and children should be taught to paint and draw in schools whereas others believe that learning such creative skills is simply a waste of time. Both views will be discussed in this essay before arriving at a conclusion.
On the one hand, some people believe that teaching drawing or any other creative subject is a waste of time simply because it does not guarantee a stable career or steady income. Parents and society think that artists are strugglers for life and mostly fail to support their family. What’s more, by learning to paint or draw kids are not going to become a Picaso or Dali. Rather than wasting time on learning a creative skill they should focus more on academics from a very young age as it will help them in their professional careers. Also, professions like medicine, engineering, law and architecture are more promising and time tested options which guarantee a secured life style.
On the flip side, new studies have found that creative activities like painting and drawing help the overall development of the brain and motor skills in children. For example, while drawing and coloring hand and brain coordination help kids to learn faster and develop their cognitive and motor skills. It is a known fact that there are eight different levels of intelligence and artistic skills are one of them. Also a drawing class after academic lessons will help children kill boredom and fatigue. Of course, there is no need to focus on arts at school. Schools should have only a couple of hours a week for teaching these skills. Those who actually have a talent for them can learn them in depth outside the school.
To conclude, in my view it is important that kids should learn painting, drawing and other creative skills at school. This does not mean that schools should give these subjects too much importance. They only have to introduce kids to the world of art to help them discover their talent and to offer them the much needed break from academic subjects.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Band 9 essay sample | Subjects like drawing and painting are a waste of time
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Drawing Lessons Should Be Part Of The Curriculum
- Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Design And Make Things In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Learn How To Grow And Cook Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Secondary School Children Should Study International News As A School Subject | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should not waste time teaching subjects like drawing
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should make drawing and painting compulsory