Some People Think That Books Are Losing Importance As A Source Of Information And Entertainment | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that books are losing importance as a source of information and entertainment. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Although, books were a good source of information and entertainment in the past, some people believe that books are increasingly becoming less important as a source of knowledge and entertainment. I strongly agree with this statement for the following reasons: the invention of the internet and the introduction of different kinds of entertainment.
To begin with, people these days are becoming less dependent on books as a source of information. The invention of the internet has changed the way we gain information and knowledge because of the easy access to such information. In the past the only source of information was books but nowadays the internet has become the main source of such information. For example, a recent survey in the U.S. found that ninety per cent of people totally rely on the internet to gain information. As a result, books are becoming less important as a source of information.
Furthermore, books are also increasingly being deserted as a source of fun and entertainment because there are many different kinds of entertainment available these days. People are more interested in other types of entertainment such as playing football, going jogging and swimming as they all are beneficial to our health. For instance, a study in Australia found that more than eighty five per cent of people prefer other ways of entertainment than books because of their health benefits. Consequently, books are losing their role as a way of entertainment.
To conclude, I absolutely agree with the argument / view / belief that the importance of books as a source of information and entertainment is fading in today’s world. The invention of the World Wide Web and the introduction of other types of entertainment are the reasons for the abovementioned argument.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Books Are Losing Importance As A Source Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Parents Believe That Reading Entertainment Books Is A Waste Of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Some Parents Believe That Reading Books For Entertainment Is A Waste Of Time For Children |Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- In The Past, Knowledge Was Contained In Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That eBooks Are The Death Of Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample