Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that art is an essential subject for children at school while others think it is a waste of time. Discuss both views and give your opinion
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
People have different opinions about whether art should be considered as a mandatory subject for the school curriculum. While some people believe that art develops creativity in children, others opine that teaching art is not useful. In my opinion, art plays an imperative role in the development of children.
Art in the field of work stimulates ingenuity and inventiveness. Art helps in boosting children’s creativity and imagination prowess. There are different disciplines of art, like literature, music, painting, and dance. Little children do not have the linguistic capabilities to communicate; art acts as a medium for them to present their feeling.
Many psychologists have stated that young children cannot communicate their feeling in words, but they can present their thoughts through their drawings or paintings. Art acts as a reflection of children’s thoughts. Making art as a part of academic studies will help children to spend time and explore themselves in different fields.
By contrast, some people believe that learning art is a complete waste of time because art is not a lucrative career option. There are few high-paying jobs in the art sector. At the same time, there is a huge burden of academic syllabus, and people believe that introducing art as a subject will make children less focused on academic subjects. Therefore, it is important to have a balance of both mainstream and art subjects so that children will have the time to explore all areas.
In conclusion, having art as a subject in school will help them in exploring their inner creativity and imagination; however, it is equally important to have a balance between academic and art subjects.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Secondary School Children Should Study International News As A School Subject | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cue card: Talk about a subject that you didn’t like learning at school
- Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Design And Make Things In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That School Children Should Be Given Individual Class Work While Others Think That Working In Groups Is Good For Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Not Learn Geography At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Paint Or Draw At School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Art Subjects Such As Music, Drama And Creative Writing Should Be Included In School Syllabus | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample