Some People Think Robots Are Essential For Development; Others Think They Are Dangerous | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that robots are important for humans to develop their future, while others think that it is a dangerous invention that will impact society negatively. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Robots are being employed / deployed / used in more and more fields now. Some people think that they are essential for our progress while others insist that they are dangerous. In my opinion, robots are beneficial to mankind.
There is no denying the fact that robots have had a positive impact on the society since their introduction. They are capable of doing many things that people cannot do. For example, robots can work in extreme weather conditions or dangerous circumstances. They can be deployed to perform rescue operations in places hit by natural calamities like earthquakes. They are able to perform mundane tasks without getting bored and with utmost precision. They can even babysit and perform household chores. Another use of robots is in stores. Obviously, there are many benefits to using robots.
Some people, however, argue that robots can be dangerous. It is not possible to claim that these fears are totally baseless. In the future as robotic technology develops, we will probably have robots that can think and feel. Such robots, in my opinion, will most probably be harmful for human beings. However, I also feel that scientists will stop before we reach that stage. Another argument against robots is that they will lead to unemployment. Of course, if robots replace humans in all fields, unemployment will be a major issue. On the flip side, humans will still be needed to build, operate and maintain all those robots. That means, if robots create unemployment in one sector, they will most probably create employment opportunities in another sector.
Taking everything into consideration, I have come to the conclusion that we cannot halt the production or deployment of robots because the benefits of using robots outweigh the disadvantages if any.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Done by Robots
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Performed by Robots
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tasks Are Being Performed by Robots At Home And Work
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Robots Are Being Used At Home And Office
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- Is dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More And More People Visit Dangerous Places
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tourists Are Visiting Dangerous Places
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | People Are Traveling To Dangerous Places
- Band 9 essay sample | Is freedom of speech essential in a free society?