Some People Think Parents Should Supervise Their Children’s Activities Closely | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think parents should supervise their children’s activities closely, while others believe children should have more freedom. Discuss
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is often debated how much freedom children should have. Although some people believe that the activities of children should be monitored closely by parents, others oppose this viewpoint. I, however, believe that parental supervision is only necessary until they are mature.
Children should be monitored until they reach a certain age because they are unaware of the world outside the secure environment of the home and they are not mature enough to understand the difference between good and bad. Consequently, they can fall an easy prey to a bad company of friends, if not guided by parents. Furthermore, the internet has a lot to offer apart from knowledge and information. To exemplify, one of my friend’s daughter misused social media websites to send obscene / vulgar messages to her male friends to draw their attention. These types of instances can be avoided if children use the internet under the surveillance of their parents.
On the other hand, there are some valid reasons to give children the freedom to make their choices. Firstly, after they reach a certain level of maturity, children should be encouraged to make their own decision. This practice will help them learn faster than those who are dependent on their parents for making decisions for them. Actually, learning from one’s own mistakes is easier than learning from knowledge imparted by one’s parents.
In conclusion, I believe that until a certain age, children need parental guidance; however, once they are mature, they should be allowed to make their own decisions because this practice will help them to achieve greater success than when they are dependent on their parents.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Say Parents Should Encourage Their Children To Take Part In Organized Group Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Group Activities Vs Individual Activities For Children
- Parents And Teachers Make Many Rules For Children To Encourage Good Behaviour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents And Teachers Think That Children’s Behaviour Should Be Strictly Controlled | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | New Parents Should Receive Training In Parenting
- Some People Believe That Children’s Leisure Activities Must Be Educational | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Important To Use Leisure Time For Activities That Improve Mind | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays There Is An Increase In Social Problems Involving Young People Because Parents Spend More Time At Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample