Some People Think Only Managers Should Make Decisions For The Companies | Band 7 Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think only managers should make decisions for the companies. Other people think all employees should be involved in decision making. Discuss both and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
It is widely acknowledged that in most companies, the opportunity of making decisions is confined to the management staff. However, some people believe that all workers should be granted such opportunities. I tend to disagree with them.
On the one hand, enabling all staff to make decisions is beneficial for the development of the company to some extent. To be more specific, this makes employees believe that they are valued by their employers, and the mutual trust between them will increase the margins of corporations by improving staff’s work efficiency, since this better relationship can motivate employees to give their best / to work to the best of their ability.
On the other hand, leaders’ decisions are often more pragmatic and reasonable than those of employees. It is widely accepted that the vast majority of managers have strong mastery of trade policies, the advantages of their products and the preferences of consumers, and this knowledge enables them to make sensible decisions, in most cases. Conversely, employees do not have a proper picture of these facets, so they have a higher tendency to make wrong decisions, putting the company in a disadvantageous position or even causing financial loss to their employers. In addition, it is generally acknowledged that employees’ experience and knowledge vary from person to person, so they are more likely to make conflicting decisions about the same issue, making it difficult to implement all the decisions. Meanwhile, this may result in disputes among workers, which is detrimental to the harmonious functioning of their companies, since we are in an increasingly teamwork-oriented workplace where cooperation plays an imperative role.
In conclusion, while granting employees’ opportunities to make decisions for their employers can enhance their work efficiency, their decisions are not always practical or reasonable and hence decision making should be left to leaders.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. You can find more discuss both sides IELTS essays here.
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- Some People Prefer To Relax By Doing Physical Activities | Band 7 Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- People In Senior Positions Alone Should Make Decisions In A Business | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 9 Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
- Companies Should Get Their Employees In Decision Making
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?