Some People Think It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinions As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think it’s better to choose friends who always have the same opinions as them. Others believe that it’s good to have friends who sometimes disagree with them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Friends are wonderful companions and people share their emotions and thoughts with them. Many believe that friends should accord with them, whereas others think that it is better to have diverse opinions in a friendship. I believe that it is up to a person to decide whether they want likeminded friends or not.
On the one hand, while making friends, some people are looking for likeminded individuals who share common interests such as choices related to fashion, sports, education, food and so on. As they mostly have a common direction and goals, their compatibilities are much stronger. Hence, they understand each other very well and they could make better choices together. For example, when one goes shopping with these types of friends, together they can buy things in less time. However, in certain scenarios, such friends are reluctant to share honest opinions as they are afraid that by making any contradictory statements, they might risk their friendship.
On the other hand, some people believe that friends with diverse opinions are required to make better decisions in their lives. For example, while buying a home, if friends suggest multiple options then together they can list down the pros and cons of every site and choose the right home. Moreover, one can get ample ideas and suggestions when one’s friends have different viewpoints. However, sometimes conflict might arise when the opinions do not match. For instance, amongst friends, if one person tries to supersede others with his thoughts then the friendship will not last long.
To recapitulate, making friends with people who have similar opinions and different opinions has its own merits and demerits. Hence, I believe, it is an individual’s responsibility to choose friends who are loyal and truthful to him.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Have Friends With Similar Opinions | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Agree With Us | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views Or Opinions On Goods They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Write Product Reviews And Opinions About Services Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science At University
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self-Employed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample