Some People Think It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think it’s better to choose friends who always have the same opinions as them. Others believe that it’s good to have friends who sometimes disagree with them. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
We spend most of the time with our friends. Therefore, it is important to have like-minded people as friends as it helps to avoid arguments and conflicts. This essay states that it is beneficial in the long run to have friendship with people sharing the same beliefs.
People usually connect with each other based on the similar beliefs, which might later flourish into friendship. Having same likes and dislikes makes it easy to decide which restaurant to visit or which movie to watch. Similar opinions also strengthens the bond between the friends and it also demonstrates reliability. For instance, friends having similar interests will never have difficulty carrying on a conversation. This can also strengthen their bond as they will always have something to talk about and they will never become bored of each other.
On the other hand, some people believe that having contrasting opinion between friends nurture their relationship; however, this does not work in long term friendships, as multiple conflicts can result in ego clashes as well. This might also cause misunderstanding between them, as it becomes difficult to understand the other person’s point of view. Such misunderstandings will eventually jeopardise the relationship. For example, friends sharing different political views might have heated discussions which would not be healthy in the
To conclude, even though some believe that ‘agree to disagree’ can be implemented in friendships, I believe that the friendships based on similar likes and dislikes are built on a stronger foundation and will last longer.
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinions As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Agree With Us | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- It Is Better To Have Friends With Similar Opinions | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Are Getting More Influenced By Their Friends Than Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Friendships Can Be Very Meaningful And Special, But Also Very Complicated | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think It Is More Important To Spend Time Developing Their Career While Others Think Time With Friends And Family Is More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Television Has Destroyed Communication Among Friends And Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That Family Members Are More Important Than Friends | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample