Some People Say That The Main Environmental Problem Of Our Time Is The Loss Of Particular Species Of Plants And Animals | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Others say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, people are facing newer environmental challenges. Some people say that the extinction of particular species of plants and animals is the prime concern whereas I agree with the other side of the view that at present there are more crucial environmental issues. In my paragraphs below, I will discuss both the views and explain why I agree with the latter view.
There is no doubt that the fauna and flora help in maintaining the balance of our Planet Earth. They build the diversity of the ecological system and hence, it is vital to preserve them. We are losing various species of plants and animals because of excessive deforestation in order to construct industries. It is important to take appropriate measure in order to preserve the rare species of animal and plants, which are on the verge of the extinction. We can achieve this by spreading awareness and educating the people about the need to preserve our endangered species.
However, in my opinion, there are other environmental problems that need immediate attention. For example, air and water pollution have become major concerns now. Due to urbanization, there is exponential rise in the number of vehicles on the roads and that has reduced the air quality. People are forced to breathe polluted air which causes various lung diseases. According to research done at the Howard university, cases of lung disease have increased by 27 times nowadays. Also, water pollution is another cause of concern. Due to bad human habits like draining their waste products into the water, washing clothes at the bank of the rivers, and throwing half-burnt corpses into the rivers in the name of religion, water quality has declined. As a result, many people and animals die each year from drinking polluted water. As these problems directly affect the health of the society, in my opinion they need more attention.
To conclude, preserving our rare fauna and flora is important; however, I strongly feel that maintaining the purity of air and water is more crucial, as clean air and water forms the basic necessities for living.
- Some People Say The The Main Environmental Problem Of Our Time Is The Loss Of Particular Species Of Plants And Animals | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Eco System Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals Around The World | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Far Too Little Has Been Done To Prevent Animals And Plants From Dying Out | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge On Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Ecosystem Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species and Loss Of Biodiversity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample