Some People Say That People Should Have A Different Amount Of Holidays According To Their Job | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that people should have a different amount of holidays according to their job. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
It is often argued that the number of holidays awarded to employees should be in accordance with the nature of their job. I fully agree with this view.
Some jobs are physically and emotionally more taxing than other jobs. For example, people working in the armed forces require more holidays. Since they are more likely to work in places far away from their home, it is essential to give them a few months of holidays per year. This enables them to spend some time with their family and rejuvenate themselves. Likewise, people working in oil rigs or construction sites need more off days to stay physically and mentally healthy. Hence, it is essential to take into account the nature of the job while determining the amount of holidays each employee should get.
On the flip side, people working in the same office should be given the same number of holidays regardless of their designation provided that the nature of the job is the same. For example, if the manager is given more holidays than lower level employees, it may create resentment among the latter. Also, if the manager or the supervisor goes on holidays too frequently, it will affect the productivity of the organization because of the communication gap between them and other employees. Hence, it is essential to avoid such situations by giving the same number of holidays to all the people whose job requirements are more or less the same.
In conclusion, I agree with the argument that the nature of the job should be the main criterion used for determining the number of holidays each employee gets. Employees performing the same kind of jobs should get the same number of holidays regardless of their position in the organizational hierarchy.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Say That People Should Have A Different Amount Of Holidays According To Their Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- The Only Way To Reduce The Amount Of Traffic In Cities Is To Reduce The Need For People To Travel | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Amount and Number