Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that now that we can see films on our phones or tablets there is no need to go to the cinema. Others say that to be fully enjoyed, films need to be seen in a cinema. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, we no longer have to go to cinema halls because movies can be watched on portable devices like mobile phones. I do not fully agree with this opinion. While I do admit that mobile phones have made films available round the clock, big screens certainly have their advantage and they are here to stay.
On the one hand, some people think that movies can be watched on mobiles or tablets instead of cinema and I agree with them. In other words, because of the technological advancement, the electronic devices enable the viewers to watch movies from anywhere and at anytime. This unique feature helps people to watch movies when they have free time. For example, I daily utilise the commuting time to watch movies from the mobile applications such as Netflix and Hotstar. Moreover, the broad casting companies such as Netflix and Hotstar offer their movie subscriptions at very affordable prices. Another point to consider is that old movies which are not played in the cinemas can still be watched on those devices.
On the other hand, it is often believed by some people that movies can be completely enjoyed only in a movie theatre. Movies can be entertaining if watched in theatre because of its advanced sound technology and wider viewing screen. Also, action movies can be enjoyed due to better sound quality. Furthermore, many 3-D movies are designed for only cinemas and they cannot be watched at home or on any devices. To illustrate, movies such as Avatar and Captain Marvel are enjoyed most when watched in the theatre. Another reason to watch movies at theatre is that it is a good family pastime. Because of these recreational activities families stay connected and happy.
To conclude, watching movies in cinemas is certainly the best option if we want to enjoy it fully. However, in my opinion, watching films on a mobile device is a cheaper, easier and more convenient option suitable for most people. Also, while it is true that a smartphone of a laptop cannot match the sound effects or visual quality offered by cinema screens, technologies are developing and movies are now fully enjoyable even on small screens.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Your Phones Or Tablets | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- We Can Now Watch Movies On Phones So There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is More Convenient To Watch A Movie On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS speaking part 2 and 3: Talk about a movie you watched in a cinema
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- Films And Games Can Be Accessed At Any Time From Mobile Devices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films