Some People Say That It Is Impossible To Live Comfortably In Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that it is impossible to live comfortably in big cities. What problems are faced by people living in big cities? What solutions can be taken to solve this problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Due to globalisation a lot of people are moving from rural areas to metropolitan cities to have a comfortable life. This essay will delve into / discuss some of the hardships faced by individuals in metros and remedies to overcome the problems.
To begin with, people experience a plethora of problems when they move from the countryside to big cities in search of better job opportunities and comfortable life. Firstly, due to the growing population there is very less space left to build houses; as a result, most of the trees are cut to build skyscrapers which only the rich can afford. One of the best examples of this is Mumbai in India where the housing cost is very high. Secondly, the bigger the population the greater the number of cars bought by them and this results in higher levels of pollution. Furthermore, these dangerous gases emitted by vehicles due to burning of fossil fuels cause health problems.
There are plenty of steps that can be taken to resolve the issues; for instance, if there are better job opportunities and improved living standards in rural areas there will be less migration to metros. Moreover, if there is better public transportation and awareness among people about the effects of depleting ozone layer life can be made better in bigger cities.
To sum up, immigrating to bigger cities is not an easy decision as people face a lot of issues but if some small steps are taken well in advance things would be different.
- Some People Think That In Order To Solve Traffic And Transportation Problems People Should Be Encouraged To Live In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- Some Young People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cities Are Becoming Big And Overcrowded | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Moving From Places Where They Are Born To Cities For Better Job Prospects | Band 9 Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Problems Caused By Overcrowding In Cities