Some People Say That Advertising Encourages Us To Buy Things We Do Not Really Need | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In today’s world, advertising has transformed the way goods and services are sold in the global markets. Any product has the capability to become an overnight sensation, if it is marketed well. This essay will discuss why advertisements play a pivotal role in improving lives by informing people of the essential products available in the market.
Some people believe that advertisements create needs in the minds of the consumers and provoke them to purchase these products. However, it is true that a need is created but it is also worth noting that advertisements only inform people about the availability of the products and there is no brainwashing involved. For example, dishwashers are installed in all households; however, some people still prefer to clean dishes using their hands. Evidently, advertisements about dishwashers only inform customers about their benefits; the decision to buy or not to buy lies with the consumer.
People often blame advertisements for increasing household expenses by promoting unnecessary purchasing amongst buyers. It is important to understand the post-purchase benefits and then weigh them against the cost of these products. For example, the sales of solar portable chargers increased by 30% in 2019, after their viral advertisement went online depicting their advantages. Although these chargers were more expensive than their electrical counterparts, they made it possible to charge the phone on the go and hence were preferred by consumers.
In a nut-shell, this essay discussed the importance of advertisements in transforming lives by informing people of the new products in the market that can make their lives less stressful. It is important that people who believe that advertisements are a sham, move ahead with time and improve their lives by benefitting from these advertised products.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about the positive and negative aspects of advertising
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today The High Sale Of Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Ads encourage people to buy things they don’t want
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable In Today’s Society | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample