Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding changes | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding changes. Others however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some argue that it is better to stay in the same job while others support taking new challenges in life. Personally, I like change but I will discuss both views / both opinions in the following paragraphs.
People, who love stability in life, hesitate to change their jobs, routines or lifestyle. They create a comfort zone at their workplace and do not want to come out of it. Moreover, staying in the same job for a long time allows / enables them to gain expertise in that area / field / domain. They become source a source of knowledge and guidance for new comers. They also get to establish themselves as an authority in their field. However, this prevents them from learning new skills or identifying their hidden talents. What’s more, it is possible that after a while they will get tired of doing the same things again and again. This monotony will eventually lead to boredom and they may even lose interest in their job or routines.
Changing jobs and routines frequently, on the other hand, might seem daunting but it does not really have to be if one knows what one is doing. In this age of possibilities, coming out of one’s comfort zone is the only way to learn something new and explore new opportunities. While this might seem challenging, it will turn out to be a rewarding pursuit in the long run. For example, change gives a person exposure to various fields and opportunities to find a better job or better workplace. What’s more, while executives who are resistant to change will eventually get bogged down by the monotonous nature of their work, those who embrace change are insulated from this problem.
In conclusion, both sides of the argument have their merits; however, in my opinion, embracing change is essential to learn new things and realize our full potential. What’s more, change makes our life exciting.
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | A Job for life is no longer a reality. Many people are now employed on short-term contracts
- IELTS essay: Is change a good thing?
- Some people feel that boarding schools are an excellent option for children | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Should People Spend Their Money Or Save It?
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To What Extent Do Work-Life Balance Matter?