Some People Prefer To Relax By Doing Physical Activities | Band 7 Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
Some people prefer to relax by doing physical activities, while others choose mental activities (crosswords, chess etc.). Discuss the both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, it is generally acknowledged that the vast majority of individuals are suffering from high levels of pressure. Some people opt to relax themselves by playing sports, whereas others choose to get involved in some intelligent games, such as cross words and chess to name a few. Both of these two choices will be discussed in this essay along with my own perspective.
On the one hand, it is understandable why some people unwind their mind via frequent participation in physical exercise. This is mainly because such involvement can generate the release of a ‘feel good’ hormone which can extract individuals from stress instantly and thus lift up their mood. In addition, nowadays, most people have the habit of sitting in front of the computer for hours on a regular basis. Playing sports has been proved to be the most effective way of dispersing their affliction such as boredom induced by such dull lifestyles.
On the other hand, people whose preference is to play some mental games including cross words and chess cite their convincing reasons. To begin with, a large proportion of citizens are confronted with the increasingly serious competition in their workplace, so, for the sake of achieving their job security, it is common for them to rely on working overtime, resulting in their exhaustion. Hence, they choose some brain/mind games which do not require any physical strength.
In conclusion, whether people relax by playing physical sports or intelligent games depends on their individual situations. As for me, I am accustomed to playing a sport or doing some exercise after work.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. You can find more discuss both sides IELTS essays here.
- Some People Prefer To Relax By Doing Physical Activities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children’s Time Outside Of School Should Be Filled With Scheduled Activities | Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
- Physical Activities Should Be Introduced To School Children On A Regular Basis | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Relax Is To Rest Or Sleep | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 9 Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That One Should Plan Detailed Activities For Their Leisure Time, Others Disagree With It | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That One Should Plan Detailed Activities For Their Leisure Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Paparazzi Should Not Follow Celebrities And Invade Their Privacy | Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer Hobbies That Require Technology | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Thought By Some That It Is Better To Live In A City While Others Believe That Life Is Better In The Countryside | Discuss Both Sides IELTS Essay Sample