Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 8 IELTS Sample
Some people prefer to live in a house while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People usually live in either houses or apartments. There are a certain group of people who believe that staying in a house is better than staying in an apartment because houses are more spacious and are often located in quiet areas. However, the disadvantages of living in houses are that unlike apartments, houses require more maintenance and the owner is the only person responsible for it. Also, security can be an issue if you live in a standalone house on a large plot. Even so, in my opinion, the advantages of living in a house outweigh the disadvantages.
It is agreeable that apartments are usually located in the city and have easy access to grocery stores, public transport and restaurants. For instance, when I was living in an apartment in New York I had three grocery stores located in the same block, subway was a 2 minute walk from the building and all the pubs were less than 15 minutes away by cab. Additionally, there are at least two apartments on each floor so it was easier for me to connect with my neighbors if I needed them. However, this is the exact opposite in the case of houses as there is quite a distance between two houses and one generally has to rely on private transport or cab to get about / to move about.
On the other hand, houses have larger area than apartments. They have space for gardens, porches, swimming pools and garages, which provide for a more comfortable living. Another advantage of residing in a house is that it is located in remote areas and is away from the hustle-bustle of the city. Recent studies revealed that people living in houses are less prone to stress-related diseases because they are more relaxed.
In conclusion, while living in a house certainly has some downsides, it provides people with a relaxed and calm lifestyle along with abundant living space. Thus, in my opinion living in houses has more advantages than staying in apartments.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Apartments are better than houses
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Do Apartments Have More Advantages Than Houses?
- IELTS essay sample | Do high rise apartments make people lonely and unhappy?
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- It Is Better For Students To Live Away From Home During Their University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many University Students Live With Their Families | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Positive and negative effects of living alone
- Letter To An Agent To Arrange A House For You And Your Family | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise