Some People Point Out That The Number Of International Travelers Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people point out that the number of international travelers is decreasing. Is this trend positive or negative?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, we are witnessing an obvious decline in the number of people traveling overseas. While I do admit that a decrease in air traveling might improve air quality, in my opinion, this is largely a negative development because of its impact on the global economy.
Decrease in air traveling might improve air quality because aeroplanes are notorious for emitting poisonous fumes into the atmosphere. So, when fewer people fly, theoretically they should be a decrease in atmospheric pollution. At the same time, the benefit will be negligible because a decrease in international travel usually corresponds with an increase in domestic travel. Hence, the net gain is zero in most cases.
On the other hand, when there is a dip in the number of international travelers, it has a devastating effect on global economy. Many countries depend on tourism. When tourists stop coming, it is difficult for them to sustain themselves. Another downside is that it may affect relations between countries. Tourists play a massive role in fostering understanding between nations and cultures. A happy traveler is a bit like a goodwill ambassador for the foreign countries they visited. When people choose not to travel beyond their geographic boundaries, they lose an opportunity to learn about other countries and their way of living. This, in turn, might make the world a less tolerant place.
In short, a fall in the number of international travelers might be good news for environment, but it is bad for national economies and relations between nations.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- Do The Disadvantages Of International Traveling Outweigh The Advantages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think That International Tourism Is Bad | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Sporting Events Promote Peace Between Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourists Creates More Conflicts Than Understanding | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Countries | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Some People Believe That International Sporting Events Are The Ideal Opportunity To Show The World The Qualities Of The Hosting Nation | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample