Some People Like To Spend Their Leisure Time With Their Colleagues | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people like to spend their leisure time with their colleagues while others prefer to keep their private life separate from their work life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, many people continue to hang out with their colleagues after work hours; however, others prefer to have another circle of family friends to spend time with. I think both approaches have their merits.
It is not really easy to separate work life from personal life. First of all, our colleagues can actually be seen as our extended family members. That is because all of us spend a great deal of time at work. Actually, some of us spend more time with our colleagues than with our family members. Needless to say, they eventually become our friends and we start to enjoy spending time with them. This is advantageous in many ways. When we treat them as friends, we can create a more harmonious and delightful working environment, which will eventually result in an improvement of efficiency at work. Another advantage is that when we are friends with our colleagues we receive support when we need it. For example, if we are facing a personal issue that affects our productivity at work, an empathetic supervisor who knows us personally can understand our situation and provide valuable advice and support.
On the other hand, some people do not want to mix these two aspects of their lives because they believe that this is crucial for maintaining professionalism at work. When the manager is also a close friend, there could be a degree of biasness during performance review. The manager could give a better score to his friend regardless of his actual performance. This will be extremely unfair to the rest. Nevertheless, I think this problem can be mitigated easily as long as there is an established guideline within the corporation) to maintain the integrity of each worker.
In conclusion, it is undeniable that not separating the personal and professional / work lives poses the risk of jeopardizing the professionalism at work. Nonetheless, I do not think that they can be separated easily especially when we have to spend almost half of our time at work.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Or Cultural Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money For Their Wedding Celebrations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Grandparents Can Take Care Of Their Children | Band 8 IELTS essay Sample
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More People Are Spending Their Free Time Watching Movies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Watching Sport In Leisure Time Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That News And Media Are Affecting Our Lives In A Positive Way | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample