Some People Like To Go To A Live Sporting Event While Others Prefer To Watch It On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people like to go to a live sporting event, while others prefer to stay at
home and watch it on television. Which do you prefer? Discuss both views using personal examples.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips and lessons.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay
Some individuals prefer to attend a live sports event whereas others choose / like to be at home and view it on the small screens. This essay will shed some light on both perspectives in the forthcoming paragraphs before reaching a reasonable conclusion.
To embark upon, people feel excited when they watch any sports event in the stadium as it provides them a live atmosphere with excited spectators who cheer for their favorite sportsperson and team. This instils in them happiness, team spirit, and patriotism. Needless to say, watching a live event in a stadium is an experience one will cherish for a long time. For example, every year in my country, India, millions of people attend live IPL cricket tournaments to motivate their sports idols and celebrate the success of their favourite team.
On the other hand, watching the same sports event in the comfort of our home is convenient and cost-effective. This is mainly because it enables all the family members to unite and spend quality time together. In addition, with the sophisticated technological devices, it is now possible to repeat or pause a particular moment of action. Furthermore, traveling and ticket expenses can be avoided if we watch live or premiered athlete event in the comfort of our zone. For example, according to a survey conducted by Harvard University, 75% of the world population prefers to watch sports events on their smart phones and television because it is less expensive / because it is more affordable.
In conclusion, although there are certain positive benefits to watching live sports events in my opinion, watching it on the television in our comfort zone like home is more economical and convenient.
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- Some People Like To Go To A Live Sporting Event, While Others Prefer To Watch It On Television | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- It Is More Convenient To Watch A Movie On Television | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, We Can Watch Entertainment Performance On The Screen And There Is No Need To Watch It Live | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Speaking test practice questions
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- Sports Programmes On Television Are The Reason For The Poor Health Of Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Television Dominates The Free Time Of Too Many People | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample