Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing To Consider While Buying A Product Or Service | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people consider price as the most important thing to think about when buying a product (such as cell phone) or service (e.g medical treatment). Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is always advisable to be a prudent spender. Buying something at a lower price satisfies us seemingly in getting the best deal. Some people say that the price of a product such as a cell phone or service such as medical treatment is the most important thing to consider while shopping. However, I do not agree with this viewpoint.
One of the major risks of purchasing a product or service at a cheaper price is the compromise on its quality. In general, most of the expensive commodities and services are of high quality while low priced products often fail to meet the standards. For example, clothes, accessories, and shoes from well-known brands such as Nike and Reebok seem to be costlier but they are much more durable. Smartphones from brands such as iPhone or Samsung may be too pricey; however, the user is very less likely to experience any technical snag or dissatisfaction.
Secondly, by opting for a cheap deal, one may miss out an opportunity to feel and know the benefits of high-quality products or services. A consumer may just spend more time in adjusting to the economical service. For instance, patients suffering from a persistent medical illness such as Asthma or Abdominal pains may never get proper treatment if they hesitate to visit private hospitals.
Lastly, I feel that the reluctance to spend money on important requirements may cost more in the long run. For example, someone who hesitates to spend / shell out extra money for standard health check-up regularly may not realize the latent degradation of important body organs. If the condition exacerbates in case of a heart or kidney failure, one has to spend a fortune to get good treatment. The same can be the case with discounted mobile phones. One may end up paying extra for repairing the touch screen or battery after some time.
In conclusion, there is no harm in being cost conscious. However, if we compromise on quality by buying cheap products or services we may end up spending more in the long term. Hence, it is important to consider quality as well as price while making a purchase.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying A Product Or Service | IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing When Buying A Product Or Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying Something
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When You Buy Something
- People Write Product Reviews And Opinions About Services Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Exercise Is The Key To Health While Others Feel That Having A Balanced Diet Is More Important | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample