Some People Choose To Eat No Meat Or Fish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some individuals do not prefer to consume meat or fish. They consider it beneficial for the entire world and also for their own physical health. In my opinion, although meat and sea food are highly rich in protein, they are harmful for the ecosystem and individual’s health if consumed in large amounts.
The large increase in the population of people consuming fish and meat has disturbed the ecological balance. Many species and animals are on the verge of extinction because of the high demands of fish and meat in the market. For example, in countries like Japan and China, fishes such as tuna and salmon are now extinct. Therefore, our world needs some regulations to moderate the meat consumption to protect the species from dying out. There are several ethical concerns too. Animals are raised in farms just for the sake of producing meat and even their basic needs are not met. They are administered steroids and anti-biotics to gain weight rapidly and are killed even before they turn a couple of months old. Humans have no right to treat animals with so much cruelty just to satiate their need for meat.
Fish and meat are also not very healthy for a person because they contain a large amount of fat and calories. This can cause problems such as obesity, heart diseases, diabetes and respiratory ailments. There are certain other allergies caused by sea food which can be very dangerous for human beings. For instance, a recent study conducted in the United Kingdom revealed that 23% of serious skin allergies are caused by eating fish. Hence, many people think that by not eating meat or fish, they can prevent / ward off these ailments and lead a healthy life.
In conclusion, there are certain people who choose not to eat meat or sea food because they believe that it is harmful for the world and their own health. I completely agree with this view and think that meat and fish consumption leads to the extinction of various species and disharmonizes our natural ecosystem. Moreover, meat and sea food are unhealthy and can cause allergies, serious diseases and overweight issues.
- Some People Choose To Eat No Meat Or Fish | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Everyone Should Be A Vegetarian Because We Do Not Need Meat To Have A Healthy Diet | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Everyone Should Adopt Vegetarianism
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Everyone Should Adopt A Vegetarian Diet Because Eating Meat Can Cause Serious Health Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction And Others Are On The Endangered List | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Ecosystem Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species and Loss Of Biodiversity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Eco System Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It is no longer necessary to use animals for food, clothing or medical research | Band 8 IELTS essay sample