Some People Believe That University Students Should Pay All The Cost of Studies Because University Education Only Benefits The Students Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that university students should pay all the cost of studies because university education only benefits the students themselves not the society as a whole. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people insist that the educational expense of university graduates should be borne by themselves. According to them, when someone studies at university it benefits them more than it benefits the community or nation. However, I firmly believe that it is useful for individuals and society and hence universities should continue giving scholarships not to everyone, but to meritorious candidates.
To start with, some shortsighted individuals argue that this trend is only fruitful for students. The reality is that it is advantageous for both society and individuals. For example, suppose that a medical school provides a scholarship for a meritorious candidate. After graduation, he/she will be a highly competent doctor or a health worker who can save thousands of people’s lives and serve humanity. The same is the case with any other job such as that of an engineer, teacher or researcher. Universities should nurture the skills of worthy students who are ready to endeavor to achieve success, thereby fostering talented professionals who can do their job to the best of their ability and bring prosperity to the nation.
In addition, education should never be made a business. Many governments in the world have allocated a good proportion of their national budgets for education. If a candidate is hard-working and deserving, they should have the opportunity to pursue higher studies regardless of their financial situation. That will empower people to acquire their dream job even if their financial status is weak. By contrast, if universities charge a fee for every admission, many bright minds from the underprivileged background will be deprived of opportunities. Moreover, graduate programs offered by universities can mold skilled professionals only if the students admitted are passionate and motivated. If they allocate seats simply based on fees, the course will have a mix of worthy and undeserving students, taking away other potential candidates’ opportunities.
In conclusion, I reiterate that universities should continue giving / providing free education to deserving candidates. That will create very capable professionals who can serve other people and improve the quality of our lives.
- Students From Disadvantaged And Rural Areas Are Finding It Difficult To Get A University Education | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Students From Disadvantaged Families And Rural Areas Are Finding It Difficult To Get A University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Poor Students Find It Difficult To Get University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education Is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Students To Live Away From Home During Their University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Certain Personal Qualities Cannot Be Achieved Through University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample