Some People Believe That Today Everyone Has A Right To Access The Internet And The Governments Should Provide This Access For Free | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that today everyone has a right to access the internet and the governments should provide this access for free. Other people believe that access to the internet is not a right and should be paid for like other services. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
The majority of people use the internet nowadays. While some people argue that internet access is everyone’s right and hence the government should provide it free of cost, others argue that it is not a right and people should pay for it. In my opinion, providing free internet services is a waste of public funds as there are other more important needs.
There is no denying the fact that the internet has revolutionized our lives. Nowadays we cannot even imagine a world without the internet. It has now become such an integral part of our lives that we use it for everything from accessing news and information to connecting with friends and family.
Even so, it is not a good idea to provide free internet service especially in countries where millions of people still do not have access to basic needs like food, education, shelter or healthcare. The internet is a useful invention, but it is not an indispensable service and it is possible to live without access to the internet. Hence, instead of wasting tax money on a useful yet dispensable service like the internet, the government should focus on other areas that health and education. Its priority should be saving the homeless people and those who suffer from poverty and hunger. People who need the internet can access it by paying for it. Of course, the government can provide free internet in schools, libraries and other public places to make sure that poor people also have access to it. Beyond that, there is no need to provide it free of cost to all people.
In the end, I would like to conclude that free internet access is not a right or necessity. Instead, in my opinion, the government should provide free access to food, education and healthcare.
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- The Government Should Provide Free Education And Healthcare | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should government provide free housing to the poor?
- The Internet Has Greatly Increased Our Access To Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Best Way To Solve The Traffic Congestion In City Is To Provide Free Public Transport For 24 Hours A Day | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays people have free access to online movies and music | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Every Country Should Have A Free Health Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample