Some People Believe That The Government Should Be Responsible For Taking Care Of The Disadvantaged Members Of Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that the government should be responsible for taking care of the disadvantaged members of society like unemployed and homeless people. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people argue that it is the government’s responsibility to take care of the abandoned people who do not have family and financial support. I agree with this view; however, in my opinion, this support should be supervised and limited.
The government should support the disadvantaged people to make their life better. In other words, jobless and homeless people should be taken care of by the government and provided with basic needs such as food and shelter until they become self-supportive. This is because it is the responsibility of the administration to satisfy the basic neds of their citizens. At the same time, the government should develop the overall economy of the country to uplift the vagrant people from poverty. Failing to do this would probably turn the poor into criminals. Even if they are stealing money to fulfil their basic needs, it will still hurt the law and order situation in the country. So, the government should take responsibility to rehabilitate the disadvantaged members.
Another important point is that the government should closely monitor this scheme to ensure that it is not exploited by people. To elaborate on this, due to the availability of free food and accommodation, many people will become lazy and stop doing anything to improve their situation. This will also ruin the society. So, it is very important to monitor the beneficiaries and limit the duration of the support. This way the government can ensure that people will use this scheme only until they find a good job to lead their life.
In conclusion, some people say that it is the government’s responsibility to take care of people without job and home. I agree with this statement because it is their responsibility to provide a good life for the citizens. However, they should also monitor and limit the services for the beneficiaries since the support itself should not make them lazy.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- Some People Believe That The Government Should Be Responsible For Taking Care Of The Disadvantaged Members Of The Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Government Should Be Responsible For Taking Care Of The Disadvantaged Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Is Responsible For Crime Prevention | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- Band 7.5 essay sample | The government should ensure that people stay healthy
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- Universities Should Support Students Who Come From Disadvantaged Backgrounds | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample