Some People Believe That Technological Tools Such As Body Scanners And CCTVs Have Enhanced Our Safety | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanners and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted in a loss of privacy. Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The use of surveillance equipments such as body scanners and CCTV are becoming increasingly popular. However, some opine that those equipments would hinder their privacy. Although the installation of those equipments might affect people’s privacy, it would strengthen the safety measures significantly. In my opinion, the benefits of installing these equipments far outweigh the drawbacks.
At the outset, due to the increase in the crime rate the safety devices were introduced to deter such crimes. Criminals are using advanced technology to commit an offence, which makes it extremely difficult for the police to crack their modus operandi using the traditional ways. In order to counter these crimes, surveillance cameras are installed in public places and they are beneficial to a great extent. For example, Mumbai police reported that the crime rates dropped drastically in the last decade due to installation of advanced equipments in the city. The main advantage of the installation of these equipments would be the safety and security of the citizens.
On the other hand, despite the increase in the safety of the people, the widespread use of these safety instruments has affected one’s privacy and caused some inconvenience especially to celebrities. Many hackers tend to hack the system and leak the CCTV footage, because of which reputation of many known people have got tampered. Such misuse of the CCTV footages has potentially affected people’s privacy. Body scanners could also be potentially used to humiliate or harass people. Thus the argument that such devices infringe on the privacy of people certainly hold some people. However, in my opinion, safety is more important than privacy. Also, these devices are usually only used in public places and by simply being careful of our conduct in such places we can save us from being photographed in embarrassing positions.
To conclude, the installation of surveillance devices like CCTV cameras certainly pose some threat to people’s privacy; even so, in my opinion, they are more beneficial than harmful because they help reduce crime and enhance our safety.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- In Many Cities Video Cameras Are Used In Public Places To Reduce Crime | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- Films And Games Can Be Accessed At Any Time From Mobile Devices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Getting A Degree From University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Some People Think That The Government Is Responsible For Crime Prevention | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay about people not feeling safe at home or in public places
- The Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample