Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child’s development while others think that it is important for children to go to school. Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While some people believe that children ought to be sent to schools, there are many parents who feel home schooling is more advantageous. I am of the opinion that children who go to school enjoy better overall development than those who learn at home.
Firstly, at school, students learn many life lessons which help them become better human beings. For example, they make new friends and learn to socialize. They are also taught moral values of sharing and caring. Secondly, most schools follow a curriculum that gives equal importance to education as well as sports. This helps children to have an all round development of both the mind and the body. Playing sport as a hobby and also competitively, helps them to learn the qualities of working in a team while also developing their physical strength. Lastly, schools provide exposure to events and activities such as career fairs and inter school competitions. This is where students are introduced to the world outside of their own school. They are provided with ample opportunities that can help them choose a promising career and to have a better life.
There are some children who have special needs or require medical attention. Homeschooling is better for them because they might not receive the care and attention they need in a regular school. In such cases, home schooling is beneficial as parents will not be worried of their child’s health. Also, there are some families who live below the poverty line and they cannot afford to send children to school because of the high fees. For instance, educating a child at home will help the families to reduce additional costs such as field trips, proms, science fairs etc.
To conclude, after analyzing both sides of the argument it is not hard to see that home schooling may be beneficial for some children; however, for the vast majority of kids going to a regular school is a much better option because a school provides plenty of opportunities for children to learn from their peers and socialize.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Advantages And Disadvantages of Home Schooling And Regular Schooling
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Home Schooling Is Better Than Regular Schooling
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Home Schooling Vs. Regular Schooling
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Regular Schooling Vs. Home Schooling
- Children Should Go To Kindergarten Before Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling and regular schooling
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development