Some People Believe That Preserving Natural Environment Is Crucial But Most Make No Effort To Do So | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that preserving natural environment is crucial; however, most make no effort to do so. Why do you think this is happening? What are some simple actions that could help the environment?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is commonly believed that preservation of environment is imperative, yet most people do absolutely nothing to save the planet. In this essay, I will first highlight certain problems which deteriorate our “Mother Earth” and then discuss the possible remedies for it.
To begin with, lack of awareness programmes in schools is the foremost reason why the vast majority of masses tend to neglect environmental issues. Needless to say, unlike in the developed countries, school pupils of developing countries barely get educated about crucial issues pertaining to environment. For instance, in Pakistan, the school curriculum does not include lessons on environment. As a result, children become negligent and tend to take the environment for granted. If schools had made it mandatory to teach the subjects like, waste management and recycling, young people would grow up with a sense of responsibility towards the preservation of natural resources. Thus, local education commissions should take numerous initiatives to include environmental sciences in educational syllabus.
Similarly, corporations barely demonstrate a sense of commitment towards saving the planet from destruction. For example, despite the rules and regulations imposed by the government, factories exploit the legal loopholes and dump hazardous waste in the sea. Similarly, smoke from industrial chimneys is believed to be the major cause of global warming. This is because the companies ignore the long-term effects of such actions on our future generations for the sake of some short term gains. If establishments and manufacturers had taken, the detrimental effects of industrial pollution, in to consideration, planet earth would be cleaner and greener.
To conclude, although preserving the natural resources is of immense importance, the educational bodies and corporate entities seem ignorant of this fact. If the children obtain theoretical and practical knowledge about this issue, and companies take responsibility of their waste management procedures, we can save the planet from further deterioration.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- There Are Too Many People On This Planet, So It Is Logical To Look For Other Planets To Colonise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Your Local Newspaper Published An Advertisement Asking People To Help With Protecting The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Natural Resources Are Being Consumed At An Alarming Rate
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- Human Activity Has Had A Negative Impact On Plants And Animals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Consider Global Warming To Be The Most Pressing Environmental Problem We Have | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample