Some People Believe That Money Is The Most Important Factor For Achieving Happiness | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that money is the most important factor for achieving happiness. However, others believe that happiness has nothing to do with money. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often debated whether money can bring happiness in your life. It is not always necessary that a rich person is happy: you can buy a lot of things with money but happiness is something which cannot be bought. One can feel happiness while sipping a cup of tea sitting in their balcony or reading a favourite book; therefore, in my opinion, money is not directly related to happiness.
A rich person who has money can buy all the materialistic things and may seem to be happy but it does not imply that a poor person is not happy. A person who is always busy earning money and travelling for business hardly gets time to spend with his family; as a result neither he nor his family is happy. On the contrary / By contrast, a poor farmer is happy with less money because he spends time and enjoys meals with his children.
In addition, there are many people suffering from health issues due to loneliness, depression because they have no one to share their thoughts and feelings with. Some of them are so busy working that they hardly get time to talk to their parents or close friends. On the flip side, a person who lives with their parents and has friends is able to cope up in bad time quickly. It is very important for every one of us to interact with someone whom we love because it gives us internal happiness and satisfaction that there is someone who cares for us. While I admit money is important it has no meaning in some aspects of life.
Money is required to fulfil our basic needs like shelter, food, clothing, etc. but it is not the utmost factor which can constitute happiness. Parents, family, friends are more important in a person’s life to give internal happiness and they cannot be bought with money.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Most Important Things In Life Are Free
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Why Money Does Not Bring Happiness
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Sample essay: does money bring happiness?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Why Is It Difficult To Define Happiness?
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money For Their Wedding Celebrations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample