Some People Believe That Job Provides Both Income And A Social Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that job provides both income and a social life, while others think that friends should be made outside of work. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people a job provides not only a steady income but also an opportunity to make friends. However, others feel that having friends at the workplace is not a good idea. In my opinion, there are both merits and demerits to having friends in office. While your friends in office can make your work life less stressful, they may also expose your personal life.
The main advantage of making friends with colleagues is that you will enjoy the time spend at the workplace a lot more. Most people these days spend 8-10 hours a day in their office. If they are friends with their colleagues, the long working hours will be less stressful for them. Also, if you have friends in the office, you can seek their support when you have pending tasks or when you want to take a day off. In such situations, they are likely to offer help or fill in for you.
On the other hand, when your close friends are your colleagues you run the risk of getting your personal life exposed. Wittingly or unwittingly, your friends may reveal details of your family life or financial situation with others in the office. For example, one of my friends was going through a bitter divorce battle. He had not discussed this with anyone in the office except one colleague who was also his close friend. Unfortunately, he told others in the office about this and my friend felt so embarrassed and upset.
In conclusion, it is great to have friends at work as they offer support when we need it and make time spent in the office more enjoyable. However, they may also make it difficult to keep personal life and professional life separate. Even so, I am in favour of having friends in office.
- Some People Like To Spend Their Leisure Time With Their Colleagues | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Many People Try To Find A Balance Between Their Work And Other Aspects Of Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Friendships Can Be Very Meaningful And Special, But Also Very Complicated | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Find It Hard To Balance Their Work With Other Parts Of Their Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Difficult For Many People To Find A Balance Between Their Professional And Personal Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample