Some People Believe That It Is Good To Share As Much Information As Possible In Scientific Research | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research, business and the academic world. Others believe that some information is too important or too valuable to be shared freely. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Sharing information in scientific research, business and the academic world is considered to be beneficial; however, on the other hand, it is also believed that some information is confidential that it cannot be shared freely on a public forum. In my opinion, sharing information has both advantages and disadvantages. Hence, let’s ponder over the given statement and discuss both viewpoints.
In the field of scientific research, business and academic world, most of the people work upon creating something new in their respective fields. Information pertaining to such fields is always confidential in nature and generally it is advisable not to share it on any public forum. There have been several cases of people quarrelling over the ownership of research journals or other innovations shared on public platforms.
On the other hand, sharing information about any product on a public forum can result in the production of a better product and this will not have been possible if they had kept the information secret. Most of the multi-national companies such as Apple, Alphabet etc. launch a beta version or lab tested version of their product to see the reactions of general public. On the basis of their reactions, the companies decide whether to proceed or to drop the idea for production of that product.
To conclude, I would like to say that every rose has a thorn and sharing information publicly has its own pros and cons. In my opinion, information shall be kept confidential until a full-fledged product is formed. Once such products are launched due credit is given to the inventor then only one should invite others for their view points and ideas to improve the performance and efficacy of the product.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Believe That It Is Good To Share As Much Information As Possible In Scientific Research, Business And Academic World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Money for postgraduate research is limited | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Working Couples Must Share Household Responsibilities Equally | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Employers Collect Personal Information From Job Applicants | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample