Some People Believe That International Sporting Events Are The Ideal Opportunity To Show The World The Qualities Of The Hosting Nation | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that international sporting events are the ideal opportunity to show the world the qualities of the hosting nation. Others believe that these events are mainly a large unjustifiable expense. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Sports have always been one of the best sources of entertainment for people around the world. When a country hosts international sporting events, despite the expense involved, it augments tourism, cultural understanding, and economy in a very short period. I strongly agree with the argument that these sporting events are immensely helpful for the hosting nation and in this essay, we will see why these events are beneficial.
To begin with, when a country hosts international sporting events, it attracts crowds from different parts of the world. This gives a boost to the tourism industry and benefits the national economy. For example, when FIFA World Cup 2018 was hosted in Russia, people from different nations travelled to watch the games irrespective of the distance and weather, thus driving tourism, spending, and cash flow inside the country.
Secondly, the hosting nation has the opportunity to showcase their culture and tradition to impress the foreign nations and this will attract even more tourists in future. To illustrate, the introduction of Indian Premier League cricket matches was a great opportunity for foreign players to play within India and learn more about her culture, traditions and festivals. This exposure also taught them to better appreciate the Indian culture. The recent tweets from David Warner on Diwali are an amazing example of this cultural understanding and appreciation.
In conclusion, despite the expense involved in hosting international sporting events, I strongly believe that the benefits associated with such events will be massive and decisive for the state. When a country hosts international sporting events, it is an opportunity for the nation to enhance its brand image and reputation.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Some People Think That Hosting An International Sports Event Is Good For The Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Popular International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Sporting Events Promote Peace Between Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- Some People Think That International Sporting Events Create Conflicts Between People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments support professional sporting events?