Some People Believe That Hobbies Need To Be Difficult To Be Enjoyable | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, only those who have demanding hobbies can have fun. I totally disagree with this view. In my opinion, a hobby whether it is relaxing or challenging can be pleasurable and people usually choose their hobby based on their personal situations and interest.
To begin with, some people find it more enjoyable when they spend their leisure time doing activities that are more relaxed, rather than complicated. This is because they might be working in a stressful environment. For them, a hobby is a way to relax their body and mind and feel energised for their work the next day. If, instead, they pick up a challenging hobby, it will require a lot of their efforts and time and they might find it hard to cope with their daily routine. In many cases they may just give up on their hobby.
On the other hand, some people only have fun when they do activities that are demanding. The reason for this is that they want to push their limits and learn new things during their free time. The hobby, as per them, is a way to enhance their knowledge and develop skills. For example, photography is a favourite pastime of many people. Although learning to click and edit pictures is a demanding and time-consuming activity, many people still enjoy this hobby. It is because of the satisfaction they get when they are able to successfully learn it.
Personally, I feel that people should choose a hobby based on their liking and other personal circumstances and not on the basis of its difficulty level. Whether the hobby is challenging or relaxing does not matter as long as people are able to have fun taking part in it.
To conclude, while some people enjoy relaxing hobbies because of their hectic work schedule, others find arduous hobbies more interesting and fun as it enables them to push their boundaries. In my opinion, both types of hobbies can be enjoyable and people should choose one based on their interest and personal conditions.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Few People Have A Hobby These Days
- Band 8 essay sample | Museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Sometimes Ask For Personal Information Of Job Applicants
- Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Employees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Today more and more tourists are visiting places where conditions are difficult
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Job Satisfaction More Important Than Salary?