Some People Believe That Exploration Of Space Justifies A Large Amount Of Government And Private Investment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people feel that exploration of space justifies a large amount of government and private investment. Other people think that this field is of increasingly low relevance, and should not be a priority. Debate both sides of the discussion, and explain your own view. How important is it for us to explore space at the moment?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Governments and private organizations across the world are continuing to invest a lot of money in space exploration; however, many people disagree with this. There are valid arguments on both sides, which we will discuss now.
On the one hand, people who oppose space travel point out that it is better to utilize that funding for solving more pressing issues on earth, such as poverty and over-population which are threatening the very existence of mankind. Opponents also argue that space pollution is causing a negative effect on the environment. They point out examples of recent shuttle launch, which burnt tons of fuel and left a lot of debris in the outer atmosphere resulting in a lot of space junk.
On the other hand, proponents argue that space exploration is a must because it gives mankind a chance to survive in case of a catastrophic event. Furthermore, they point out that relocating to another planet or solar system can only be possible through space travel. Supporters also point out the discoveries made in recent times and the advancements in the field of science and technology which were achieved by the International space station.
Overall, it appears that governments and private organizations should continue to fund space exploration since it has numerous benefits such as promoting technological advancements, improving living standards on earth and increasing the survival chances of humans in the event of a major natural catastrophe that makes our planet inhabitable. However, there is no justification for funding space programmes at the expense of other social welfare schemes.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- Space Exploration Costs Tax payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Year | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Exploration Costs Taxpayers Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Other | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Owning A Private Car | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- A Large Company In Your Area Has Decided To Spend A Certain Amount Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Large Company In Your Area Has Decided To Spend A Certain Amount Of Money Either To Sponsor A Local Sports Team Or | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample