Some People Believe That Educational Success Depends On A Good Teacher | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that educational success depends on good teacher; others think that it depends on the attitude of the students. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Also subscribe to my Youtube channel for essay organization tips and ideas.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, the academic success of a student is determined by the teaching skills and dedication of their teachers; others insist that a student’s attitude towards learning is the key factor that determines whether he will be successful or not. Both views will be discussed in this essay.
On the one hand, it is impossible to write off the contribution of a teacher in the learning process. Teachers impart knowledge. They clear doubts and guide students every step of the way. Talented and dedicated teachers motivate their students to work hard and help them achieve better grades. Teachers are like second parents and they know the strengths and weaknesses of their students and device teaching strategies appropriate for each one of them.
On the other hand, a student must have a strong desire to learn and improve if they are to get good grades. No matter how good the teacher is, if the student lacks the desire to learn nothing can help them. That also explains why every class has some students who never get even the passing marks. The same class will also students who scored an A plus grade in each subject. All of them are taught by the same teachers but their scores vary simply because their attitude towards learning is also different. Some students have a strong desire to learn. They will work hard regardless of whether the teacher is good or not. Actually, they will work harder if the teacher is bad. Also, in this day and age when classes are readily available on the internet, no student can blame teachers for their poor grades.
In conclusion, the teacher certainly has a role to play in the educational success of the student; however, the role of the teacher is not more important than the attitude of the student towards learning. A student determined to achieve success will achieve it regardless of whether the teacher is good or bad.
- Some People Believe That Educational Success Depends On Good Teacher | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That Education Success Is Based On Good Teachers And Others Believe That It Depends Upon Student’s Attitude | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing task 2: Do you think that training is necessary to be a good teacher?
- Some People Believe That To Be A Good Teacher, You Need To Acquire Training In Teaching | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children’s Leisure Activities Must Be Educational | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- A Teacher’s Role Is To Motivate And Inspire Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?