Some People Believe That Countries Should Produce Enough Food To Feed Their Population | How To Organize Ideas For This Essay
Some people believe that countries should produce the food to feed their population themselves and import as little as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here are some ideas for organizing this task.
As you can see, the question includes a statement or a proposition and asks to what extent do you agree or disagree with that proposition.
You have three options here.
- You can fully agree.
- You can fully disagree.
- Or You can partially agree.
Keep in mind that you are free to agree or disagree. It does not matter. Just make sure that you have valid arguments to support your stand.
Depending upon your stand or opinion, your introduction and body paragraphs will change
So, let us try organizing ideas for this essay.
Option 1 – Fully agree
That means you are against importing food from abroad. You believe that food should be grown within the country as much as possible. Why do you think so? That is what you should write in this essay. What are the advantages of growing food within the country and limiting imports?
Here are the points to include
- It benefits local farmers. Demand for their produce will increase and they will get good price.
- Every sector associated with the agricultural sector will grow and this will revitalize the economy.
- When nations produce their own food they become less dependent on others.
- It is good for environment. When food is grown locally, it does not have to be transported from long distances.
- It is good for health. Locally grown food is less likely to contain harmful preservatives or additives.
So now we have explained the benefits of growing food within the country. You can organize these ideas in two paragraphs. Here the first three points can be discussed in the first body paragraph and the last two points can be discussed in the second body paragraph.
Note that in this essay we do not say anything about importing foods because we only want to defend our stand that food should be grown within the country as much as possible.
Your introduction can be something like.
According to some people instead of importing food from outside a nation should grow enough food for its people. I fully agree with this view.
Your conclusion can be something like this.
To conclude, countries should try to produce as much food as possible because it not only benefits the health of their people but also boosts their economy, reduces air pollution and makes them less dependent on others.
Just restate the main points in the conclusion.
Option 2 – Fully disagree
This is not a very good stand because if you fully disagree it would mean that you don’t really care whether food is grown within the country or is imported from outside. If that is the case then you can focus on ideas such as giving people the freedom to eat whatever they want and promoting competition within the market.
Do not discuss the benefits of growing food locally in this case. Instead your focus should be on defending your stand that it is perfectly all right to import food. So, discuss the benefits of importing.
Your introduction can be something like.
Some people opine that food should be grown within the country as much as possible and the practice of importing it should be discouraged. I do not agree with this view because importing food is essential to create healthy competition in the market and to give buyers more choices.
Your conclusion can be something like:
While it is beneficial to grow food locally, there is no harm in importing it because imports create competition within the market and provide consumers more choices.
Third option – You can partially agree.
You can take a balanced approach. You can write that the government should encourage the production of food crops within the country because it boosts the economy and promotes self reliance. However, there is no harm in importing foods that cannot be grown locally or that are too pricey in the local market. In this case, the imports create competition and enable consumers to get best prices and quality. You can also write that foods that can be grown easily and affordably should not be imported to protect the interests of the local farmers.
Your introduction can be something like this.
Some people argue that foods for domestic consumption should be grown locally as much as possible and importing should be discouraged. I can only partially agree with this view. In my opinion, local production of foods must be promoted; however, there is no harm in importing foods that cannot be grown locally or that are too expensive in the local market.
So, these are the three ways to attempt a task like this. I hope this lesson was useful to you.
- As Global Trade Increases Between Countries, Many Daily Necessities Are Produced In Other Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today many countries import food from different parts of the world | IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Food travels long distances to reach consumers
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Foods Travels Thousands Of Miles From Producers To Consumers | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That GM Foods Can Solve Food Scarcity | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Children In Many Countries Are Eating More Fast Food And Convenience Snacks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample